Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Vegetarian
Looking for a tasty snack that’s good for you? Here’s a quick and easy recipe for pumpkin cranberry muffins with over 8 grams of protein and 9 grams of carbs each!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Yields: 8 muffins
Protein: 65 grams Carbs: 74 grams Fat: 61 grams
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 2 scoops protein powder, vanilla or plain (I used Whey protein)
- ½ tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ½ tbs vanilla extract
- 1 cup cranberries, sliced
- Optional Finishes: 100% cacao nibs, oats or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray 8 slots in a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or place 8 silicone muffin molds on a baking sheet.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in the eggs, canned pumpkin, and vanilla extract. Stir until you have an evenly mixed batter.
- Spoon your batter into the muffin tin or molds, filling each mold about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes or until the muffins are cooked through and the tops are golden brown.
- Carefully remove your muffins from the oven, leave to cool and enjoy!
Get Creative & Enjoy!
These simple seasonal muffins are a great snack to bring with you on the go! For variety, use the ingredients and steps as a template and get creative. Here are a few ways to switch things up when pumpkins aren’t in season, or just to add flavors:
- Switch out the almond flour with your favorite flour of choice if you need more energy/carbs
- Instead of cranberries you can mash a ripe banana or add in some blueberries
- If you like more of a crunch, add oats or nuts like walnuts or pecans
- Add in chia or flax seeds to easily get your essential omega-3s
Sky’s the limit! Enjoy!